What to Bring
Travel Light and Keep it Simple!
Costa Rica is a beautiful country that offers new discoveries around every corner.
You really don't need to bring a thing, as all basic needs are available - at a higher cost than you likely will pay at home.
Having said that, here are a few things you might want to bring:
- Mosquito repellent - if you travel to other parts of the country, this is a must!
- Clothes for warm weather - many people overepack and end up wearing the same set of clothes for much of their trip. Keep it simple and you'll be happier. If you find you really need another item of clothing, you can buy new or at a Ropa Americana (American Clothes = GoodWill).
- A light jacket for cool nights
- Durable sandals
- Medications, passport, drivers license
- Anything else you simply cannot live without.
- Healthy living is a big movement here, and we enjoy many macrobioticas (health food stores) around the country, besides hosting one of the best Farmer's markets in the Central valley. So if you forgot to bring that special supplement, chances are you can purchase it here (maybe not your favorite brand, but still available).
- You can always contact us with your questions about what to pack!